- by Chef Amanda Cushman, www.amandacooks.com
2 whole, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed, halved
3 cups chicken broth
1 red pepper, halved, seeded, julienne
1 small jicama, peeled, julienne
1/2 pound snow peas, trimmed, blanched
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons minced ginger
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
2 teaspoons brown sugar
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
3 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
1/4 pound bean sprouts
3 scallions, julienne, garnish
2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, garnish
1. Poach the chicken in a large skillet covered with the broth until cooked through about 5 to 8 minutes. Remove to a plate and allow to cool.
2. Combine the red pepper, jicama and snow peas in a large bowl. Cut the chicken into thin strips and add to the bowl.
3. In a small bowl combine the garlic, ginger, soy, vinegar, sugar and oil. Whisk and taste for seasoning. Add the cilantro.
4. Pour the dressing over the chicken salad and toss gently. Spoon the salad onto a large serving platter and top with the bean sprouts, scallions and toasted sesame seeds. Serve at room temperature.