Tue, 26 Sept|
Real Estate in Valencia
IWCV Member Rebecca Cabo is offering this 3-part series on the various themes of real estate, specifically in Valencia and Spain. The talks are ½- ¾ hour followed by a question-and-answer session. Please note: this venue does not have an elevator, so is not wheelchair accessible.
Time & Location
26 Sept, 15:45 – 17:00
SpacesCabo Offices, Plaça de Rodrigo Botet, 1, 46002 València, Valencia, Spain
About The Event
Please note: this venue does not have an elevator, so is not wheelchair-accessible.
IWCV member Rebecca Cabo is offering this three-part series to discuss the various themes of real estate, specifically in Valencia and Spain. The talks are ½- ¾ hour, followed by a question-and-answer period.
Part 1: Rent vs Buying - Tues., Sept. 26
- Rental: small capital investment, limited ability to refurbish, law provides tenant protection, flats not very modern, few have aircon/central heating, furnished/unfurnished, good starting point, etc.
- Buy: ability to perform a substantial reform, create a space where you want to live in, preservation of capital, lack of liquidity, high purchase taxes /stamp duty (10%), low on-going property taxes, low homeowner fees, etc.
Part 2: The Buying Process - Tues. Oct. 10
- The buying process: Due Diligence, the Arras contract (10%), paying the owner directly, the Completion/Closing at the Notary.
- The role and the importance of The Notary, registration of the property, mortgages (for foreigners), etc.
- The real estate agent in Spain: Role, fees, API affiliations, etc.
- Major differences between buying in the USA, UK (I’ve carried out a number of transactions in those countries so I can compare)
Part 3: Investing in Residential and/or Retail Properties - Tues., Oct. 24
- Reform – reconfiguring: building permits, (obra mayor obra menor)
- Underestimating the scope of repairs and time to execute
- Vacation rentals permits required
- Headline rent vs net effective rent
- Income vs liquidity, etc.
CANCELLATIONS: If you find that you must cancel, please email email@example.com If you cancel for any reason and we cannot replace you from a waitlist, you will be charged the full cost if we are charged. Thank you for understanding.
COORDINATOR: Rebecca Cabo (+34 662332854) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
LOCATION: SpacesCabo office Plaza Rodrigo Botet 1, Door 1, (near Federal Cafe)
TIME TO MEET: 15:45 start at 16:00 – 17:00 (½ - ¾ hour talk/presentation questions after/drinks)
COSTS: No Charge
WHO CAN ATTEND: IWCV Members, spouses, partners (Maximum: 12 people)